Every year, companies use more and more SaaS tools to make their work faster, easier and more efficient. Vendr is one of many SaaS procurement companies. But there are many Vendr competitors that offer more interesting features and may do a better job than Vendr.
With so many options available, businesses are now turning to SaaS procurement softwares to find suitable tools and choose the right plans. We are here to present those alternatives and break them down for you and make your choice of preferred platform easier. But first, let us briefly recap what Vendr has to offer & at what price.
- Vendr is a SaaS procurement platform that simplifies SaaS management tasks, helping businesses find and choose the right SaaS for their needs.
- The platform offers different features and solutions in key areas, such as reducing overall SaaS spend and conducting a deep analysis of tools.
- Vendr’s pricing varies based on the annual SaaS budget, with plans starting at $36,000.
- Alternatives to Vendr include Quolum, Tropic and Zylo, and it’s important to evaluate all features of these platforms before determining which one is the most suitable option for your business before committing.
What is Vendr?
Vendr is a SaaS buying and management platform that simplifies your day-to-day SaaS management tasks. The platform is trusted by over 500 companies and an average of 8x ROI, making them a very good product in the SaaS circle.
Despite the fact that Vendr provides SaaS spend management technologies, its core offering is dealing with SaaS vendors on your behalf. Their team will tackle annual renewals and help you find the most efficient tools you need for your specific business. This will guarantee success in handling your SaaS stack with complete transparency.
What features does Vendr have?
Vendr provides a large variety of features and, more importantly, offers solutions in many different key areas, such as:
- A Dedicated SaaS Buying Service
- Smooth No-Code Workflows for Procurement Approvals
- Price benchmarks for SaaS
- Conducting a preliminary analysis of your tools that’s backed by data
- Limited reporting on security
Overall, the platform offers diverse tools, helping your business run smoothly and ensuring nothing slips out of control.
How much does Vendr cost?
The pricing of Vendr varies a lot, depending on your annual SaaS budget. The platform offers three different plans, all at different price points:
- Starter – $36,000
Vendr recommends this tier for companies with $400K to $1M annual SaaS spend.
- Growth – $78,000
This plan is a good choice for companies with $1M to 5M annual SaaS spend.
- Enterprise – $120,000
A tier for large corporations with a $5M annual SaaS spend.
This list of Vendr plans offers you an integrated system of record, expert buyer support and deep insight into the industry. Not only that, but Vendr also guarantees to save you more than what their plans cost.
Vendr – Pros and Cons
Just like any other company or product, Vendr has its own pros and cons, such as:
- To improve the purchasing process, Vendr works together with customers’ legal, finance, security and business leaders.
- To ensure due diligence, they will document legal, privacy and security documentation on your behalf.
- Great at defending the interests of their users.
- Constantly growing and developing.
- The computation of “Savings” is often questionable.
- Vendr does not have a conflict of interest- and often acts as a middleman between buyer and seller
- Notes on contract preferences appear to be kept very manually, which can lead to occasional omissions.
- Contract negotiations conducted by the company can be aggressive and sometimes are unnecessarily drawn out, leading to missed deadlines.
- Vendr is more difficult to use than other SaaS procurement tools. Since new features are constantly being added to the platform, it can be difficult to keep up.
- There are no monthly usage reports.
- Small companies tend to see zero-to-none ROI.
- Vendr is expensive
Yes, Vendr does offer a useful service but it may not be the perfect pick for every business. It is critical to analyze your company needs before committing to a platform, as it is not something you can change at the snap of your fingers. That is why we will present a few alternative options that might be more suitable for your business, helping you find exactly what you are looking for.
There is a wide variety of tools that offer similar services to Vendr. Here is a list of our top picks:
To find out which alternative might be more suitable for you, it is important to evaluate what features you’re looking for and what your company’s budget is. Below, we’ll break down each competitor and describe what they have to offer to help you find the right option for your company.
The number one Vendr alternative is Quolum. Yes, Vendr offers a great variety of tools and services; however, no other platform offers the same interplay of payments, license tracking and data-driven negotiation that Quolum does.
This is something noted by many third party platforms, take this one for instance.
Quolum’s all-in-one platform offers a wide variety of features, such as the world’s first SaaS card designed for digital spend, an easy-to-use SaaS management platform and a dedicated team of experts that will do the hard work of managing your SaaS using data-backed insights.
By using Quolum, you remove the need for multiple tools to handle your SaaS sprawl and you can save your finance team over 10 hours a week on tiring tasks such as tagging invoices, managing renewals, etc. Not only that, you receive a smooth and easy data-driven negotiation process with vendors.
It’s no wonder that Quolum has a huge number of success stories.
When you work with us, you’ll have access to a range of helpful functions that can make your company run more smoothly. These include things like payment processing, spending controls and detailed contract summaries. Plus, you’ll be able to take advantage of our team of dedicated experts who are always on hand to help you with whatever you need. Additionally, we offer price benchmarking services to help you get the best deals on the products and services your company needs. All of these features and more are designed to help your business operate more efficiently and effectively. What else could you ask for?
Try Quolum. You don’t have anything to lose – we offer a savings guarantee, meaning if we somehow do not save you money (which is virtually impossible), you won’t have to pay for our service. Are you in? Book a free consult with one of our savings experts to cut your SaaS costs and take your company to the next level today.
Tropic is another SaaS procurement platform that offers services that help users reduce their spending on SaaS programs. Tropic’s key customers are mainly finance, business and procurement departments. Unlike Vendr, Tropic expands further than just SaaS management. They offer customers savings in a wide variety of areas, such as finance, IT and security. The platform claims to provide an average of 23% in savings on software and 380 yearly working hours.
A good thing about Tropic is that it is affordable for businesses of any size. The pricing on the platform depends on your annual software spend. Here is a breakdown:
- $3750 – For businesses with a $250k – $1M annual spend
- $5000 – For businesses with a $1M – $2.5M annual spend
- $7700 – For businesses with a $2.5M – $5M annual spend
- $11,750 – For businesses with an annual spend of over $5M.
The features in each plan range from transparency on spending and vendor-specific data on usage and savings to automated workflows. You also receive a dedicated customer success manager and access to over 30 procurement professionals to assist you.
However, the downside of Tropic is that the platform does not offer a data-backed approach. You get zero utilization tracking, making the choice of investing in such a platform much riskier.
Overall, Tropic is a good alternative for SaaS management, but most companies would be better off choosing Vendr or Quolum.
A SaaS management and optimization platform that helps businesses reduce risks, control their spending and stop the annoying SaaS sprawl. Zylo ensures that you get the most value out of each SaaS tool, and this is heavily backed by data & expert analysis.
Companies that use their tool receive:
- Core Discovery data sources
- Security & compliance application integrations
- License & usage integrations
- Implementation services
- Customer success managers
- SaaS consulting
Alongside said functions, you can choose add-ons for your plan, such as:
- App catalog purchases
- Order management for Coupa
- Okta Actions with deprovisioning
- Managed services
Despite so many functions available, most are heavily focused on manual usage, making it much harder to use for smaller and less-experienced platforms. This manual input allows for high accuracy and customization in tracking SaaS usage, but it also requires a significant amount of effort and attention from users. To effectively use Zylo, it is important for companies to have a dedicated team or individual who can consistently input and maintain data on their SaaS usage.
With Quolum, you receive full inclusivity – whether your company is small or big, you get an assisted workflow ensuring your company’s SaaS stack is running smoothly.
Unfortunately, Zylo does not provide a clear breakdown of their prices on their website, so the only way to find out how much your company can expect to pay for Zylo is to book a call with their sales team. It is known that the base fee is around $40,000 per year, but this price can change depending on your company’s employee count.
Overall, this is a decent alternative to Vendr and Quolum. However, the lack of clarity behind pricing and the company not being a good option for mid-sized businesses can leave a few question marks as to whether you should commit to Zylo.
Vendr is a great platform, but it can be slightly one-dimensional. Going with Quolum as an alternative is a great choice, as we offer everything you need in one single tool, and we cover all of your SaaS-Management needs. Anything Vendr does, Quolum does better, thus making it a no-brainer choice to not just save on SaaS via procurement, but also manage licenses, security and everything else.
What is Vendr?
Vendr is one of many SaaS management platforms offering many different functions to help you save money on subscriptions, renewals and more.
How much do Vendr plans cost?
Vendr has different levels of plans for companies of different sizes. Prices range from $36,000 up to $120,000 for large enterprises.
Does Vendr have alternatives?
Yes, there are many alternatives to Vendr, such as Tropic, Zylo and Quolum.