While there are many SaaS procurement platforms out there, Vendr is one of the most popular options. Vendr offers SaaS spend management technology, but its main service is negotiating with SaaS vendors on your behalf. It is one of the many growing SaaS management platforms. But now, to the more important question – how much does Vendr cost? Well, in today’s article, we will go through every Vendr pricing plan & everything you need to know to decide if Vendr is worth trying out for your business.
- Vendr is a SaaS procurement platform that offers services such as negotiating with vendors and annual renewals to help manage SaaS spend for businesses.
- Currently, Vendr offers three pricing plans: Starter, Growth, and Enterprise, with different price points and recommended annual SaaS spend levels.
- The Starter Plan is recommended for businesses with an annual SaaS spend of $400K-$1M, the Growth Plan is recommended for businesses with an annual SaaS spend of $1M-5M, and the Enterprise Plan is recommended for businesses with at least $5M in annual SaaS spend.
- Vendr may not be the best option for small businesses, as the pricing can be expensive and may not provide a good return on investment, and that the platform’s negotiation tactics may not be suitable for all businesses.
- Vendr’s computation of savings makes it hard to justify the ROI at higher rates.
Vendr – Breakdown of the Platform
Vendr is a platform that makes your daily SaaS administration tasks much easier. This solution can help you handle annual renewals and assist you in deciding on the most efficient tools for your specific business needs. Features like this make Vendr a good platform for any business looking to save time and money on daily hassles.
Vendr offers expert buyer support, an integrated system of record and deep industry insights into every plan on their platform. The plans vary in price, making them accessible to most companies – small or big. With that being said, let’s take a deeper dive into Vendr plans, their prices and what they have to offer.
Vendr – Plans and Pricing
There are three Vendr pricing plans offered at drastically different price points.
This is the first out of three plans. This tier is recommended for a business with an annual SaaS spend of $400K-$1M. The price starts at $36,000, and it is a great plan for a newer company still looking to figure out the ropes of SaaS spending. However, for companies like this, it can be very difficult to achieve a good ROI, as the plan is pretty expensive for a starting option and many small companies don’t get enough value out of it to justify the cost.
The second option offered by Vendr is the Growth plan. The plan is the perfect choice for medium-sized companies with a $1M-5M annual SaaS spend. The starting price of this plan is $78,000, and it is a great option if you have a variety of SaaS tools under your belt that need management.
The final and most expensive plan is the Enterprise one. This is a plan for large corporations with at least $5M in annual SaaS spend. If you work for a massive enterprise that’s looking to cut its large annual SaaS spend, think no more – this is the plan for you.
Takeaways from Vendr Pricing
As you can see, Vendr offers a great variety of options. The three pricing plans are at completely different levels, which, combined with the number of existing plans – can lead to uncertainty and raise the question of whether any of them are even worth it. If you are still unsure whether you want to commit to the platform, let us help you figure it out.
Is Vendr Worth it?
As we mentioned earlier, the platform offers various tools; however, it isn’t the complete package. Yes, it is a good platform and it offers three different payment plans that you can choose from depending on the size of your business, and its services are great overall. Vendr is definitely worth for many companies. However, it isn’t ideal when it comes down to money-saving, as there are better options.
Small businesses that try Vendr also often end up not getting a return on their investment as this service is designed to work better for bigger companies. Plus, Vendr as the platform isn’t always the best fit for the needs and processes of some businesses.
For example, many businesses face problems with Vendr’s brute-force commercial negotiation strategy.
Such negotiation tactics can create a hostile or tense atmosphere. When one party uses aggressive tactics, it can create a sense of tension and unease that makes it difficult for the other party to negotiate effectively. This can lead to a situation where the parties are more focused on protecting themselves rather than finding a mutually beneficial solution, making a straightforward contract process very complicated.
Ideally, it’s best to look for a platform that does it all – offering a savings guarantee, contract negotiation and renewal, SaaS procurement & money-back guarantee (and a calmer negotiation process, as nobody likes to strain relationships with potential software vendors). Well, what if we told you that such a platform already exists? Let us explain.
What’s worse? The computation of the savings guarantee! Vendr measures it’s savings against the
Saving Money on SaaS with Quolum
We can’t deny that Vendr is a great platform to cut costs on everything SaaS-related, but it is no match to Quolum. We are the only platform that does all three:
- Payments for SaaS with a dedicated expense card
- Managing SaaS and tracking utilization across thousands of apps
- Providing dedicated procurement expertise based on data and insights
You won’t find a tool like ours. We can help you combat the SaaS sprawl. We’ll save your finance team the hard work and reduce your SaaS spend by up to 30%.
If you really want to see a detailed comparison, visit here.
Here’s what Quolum offers:
- SaaS Management Platform. Quolum has a native SaaS management platform that allows for usage racking across thousands of tools, deep feature level integrations and data analysis from over 100+ popular SaaS tools, including Asana, Zoom, Slack, Jira and, others. This means that you are not just fighting on price, but also on actual ROI.
- Dedicated SaaS concierge. With us, you can have a team of experts manage your SaaS for you.
- FinOps for SaaS. Quolum has redefined how finance interacts with SaaS. From having all invoices in one place, to a custom built expense card for SaaS products exclusively, Quolum covers it all. Further by plugging into ERPs, Quolum does spend visibility like no one else.
With so many functions, simply put, people just prefer Quolum. We offer a data advantage which tracks usage across 100+ SaaS apps to help you slash costs. We have an unmatched dashboard that not only manages payments, but also aggregates invoices and allows you to budget and forecast your spend. Contract management is simplified, helping you avoid reading 100s of pages when renewing contracts. In addition, you are also sent tracked reminders and cancellation windows so you are not taken advantage of by SaaS vendors. With functions like these, no other company can compare to Quolum.
Think about it – Quolum is the MVP of SaaS procurement platforms. We’ve got it all – payments and spend control? Check. Invoice aggregation? Check. Contract summaries? Double check. We’re basically a one-stop-shop for all of your procurement needs. Let’s be real, why settle for second best when you can have the best? The choice is clear, now it is up to you to make the smart move and pick Quolum.
What type of company is Vendr?
Vendr is a SaaS buying and management platform that helps businesses stay on top of their SaaS expenses and ensures the right SaaS tools are being used.
What is a SaaS buying platform?
A SaaS buying platform helps companies manage their SaaS software, monitor their tech stacks and ensure quality SaaS tools are being used at the right price.
Is Vendr worth it in 2023?
Whether or not Vendr is a good investment for your business heavily depends on what your company needs, its size, and the budget in place.